Pregnant Belly Artists Paint A Picture Of Motherhood

Both art and giving birth deal with the act of creation, so maybe it's not a surprise that some pregnant ladies -- including Mariah Carey -- want to celebrate their nine months with child in an artistic manner.
And artists like Houston-based body painter Vonetta Berry find a round belly the perfect surface for certain types of artistic creations.

"The first belly I painted was my own," she told HuffPost Weird News. "My first instinct is that, since it's round, I should do something round. But I wanted to play with shades and make a flat surface design look by using shades."
Berry gets as much as $700 for her belly-busting works of art, each of which takes between three and five hours to create, depending on how elaborate a design is used.

"I get a lot of requests for flowers," she said. "Sometimes, a mother wants me to paint what they think the baby might look like. One woman showed me a picture of a gritty ultrasound photo and wanted me to reproduce it in color."


However, her favorite belly painting was from a woman who wanted her to paint a kitchen appliance on her tummy.

"The woman wanted an oven with a little bun inside," she laughed.

Related Posts by Categories


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews