unitednations
02-18 08:29 PM
start from the bottom as that was the first e-mail. I took off identifying information and financial info. for obvious purposes:
-------------------------------
Dear xxxx
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I talked to the family and advised them that the best way to proceed is you the doing the ability to pay part. They are talking to some people to get the money together. I will call them back after 4PM. Can we pay by debit card, or check or money order? Time is of the essence because of the B2 expiration on 2/11/07. I have the labor certification, (the one I printed off the website, we did not get the signed one from them yet, but it is the same). I have the 2005 tax return. I need to get the bank statements. Can I fax those to you? I also have something like a financial statement for 2006. If the numbers don't add up, you can still help us?
Thank you so much for helping us. I know you are very busy.
xxxx
xxxxwrote:
Most CPA�s don�t do audited financial statements. Reason is that there is a lot of things from a regulatory point of view that CPA�s have to keep up with in order to do audits. For this reason, most cpa�s won�t do them.
An audit is a big thing; it is not a small thing. I wouldn�t consider this as an option for you.
If you want me to do the ability to pay part then it will cost $xxxx.
I will need: Copy of labor certification, 2005 federal tax returns of company. Bank statements of company for October, November and December 2006. If the numbers aren�t the way they need to be then there are still remedies.
xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxx
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 12:34 PM
To: xxx
Subject: RE:
Dear xxxxx
First of all, thank you very much for your help. It is really appreciated. I have been researching this subject and was not able to find anything valuable until I found your name. It is really great that you are helping these people.
I know your time is very valuable but I forgot to ask you whether or not we have to get the 2006 December bank statement certified or just send the original? If the CPA is not able to do audited financial statement for 2006 (which I doubt) are you available to do it? If we do that do we still need to send 2005 tax return? (Labor was filed on 12/26/06 and certified on 1/4/2007. )
You are the only one who can help us with this questions. I know you are extremely busy, but I am really trying to do this right for this family. They gave up everything in Hungary, (they made like $400.00 per month and life is more expensive than here), so it would be great hardship for them to go back. As I said they don't even have an attorney here. I don't know if that matters because most of them don't know half of what you guys know.
Anyways please, let me know how to proceed.
Thank you very much
xxxxx
You have to prove ability to pay from the date that labor was filed with state department of labor. Therefore, if you sent the labor in 2001 then you have to prove ability to pay for 2001 through 2006.
Audited financial statements are very expensive and probably do not suit your needs (At least $5,000 per year). Every year has to show ability to pay not just current year.
I can do it but it is pretty expensive. It will range from $xxxxx. You can give me a call with the details and I�ll let you know the chances of success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:26 PM
To: ny.united@gmail.com
Subject:
Hi,
I heard about you on one of the immigration portals. I am the employer and ready to file I-140 for alien worker. He and his wife are here on B2 visas.
We are concerned about the ability to pay issue. I heard that you are the best on this.
The instructions are not clear at all. Do you have to send 3 years of tax returns. 2006 is not done yet, can we send audited financial statements? What is an audited financial statement exactly? What if the company did not have enough net income in 2005 and 2004 but has it in 2006. Can you please help us? As the employer we are willing to help the worker to get the I-140 approved.
Can you help us? Please, let me know and also how much do you charge.
Their visa expiring soon, please respond A.S.A.P
Thank very much
xxxxxxxx
-------------------------------
Dear xxxx
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I talked to the family and advised them that the best way to proceed is you the doing the ability to pay part. They are talking to some people to get the money together. I will call them back after 4PM. Can we pay by debit card, or check or money order? Time is of the essence because of the B2 expiration on 2/11/07. I have the labor certification, (the one I printed off the website, we did not get the signed one from them yet, but it is the same). I have the 2005 tax return. I need to get the bank statements. Can I fax those to you? I also have something like a financial statement for 2006. If the numbers don't add up, you can still help us?
Thank you so much for helping us. I know you are very busy.
xxxx
xxxxwrote:
Most CPA�s don�t do audited financial statements. Reason is that there is a lot of things from a regulatory point of view that CPA�s have to keep up with in order to do audits. For this reason, most cpa�s won�t do them.
An audit is a big thing; it is not a small thing. I wouldn�t consider this as an option for you.
If you want me to do the ability to pay part then it will cost $xxxx.
I will need: Copy of labor certification, 2005 federal tax returns of company. Bank statements of company for October, November and December 2006. If the numbers aren�t the way they need to be then there are still remedies.
xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxx
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 12:34 PM
To: xxx
Subject: RE:
Dear xxxxx
First of all, thank you very much for your help. It is really appreciated. I have been researching this subject and was not able to find anything valuable until I found your name. It is really great that you are helping these people.
I know your time is very valuable but I forgot to ask you whether or not we have to get the 2006 December bank statement certified or just send the original? If the CPA is not able to do audited financial statement for 2006 (which I doubt) are you available to do it? If we do that do we still need to send 2005 tax return? (Labor was filed on 12/26/06 and certified on 1/4/2007. )
You are the only one who can help us with this questions. I know you are extremely busy, but I am really trying to do this right for this family. They gave up everything in Hungary, (they made like $400.00 per month and life is more expensive than here), so it would be great hardship for them to go back. As I said they don't even have an attorney here. I don't know if that matters because most of them don't know half of what you guys know.
Anyways please, let me know how to proceed.
Thank you very much
xxxxx
You have to prove ability to pay from the date that labor was filed with state department of labor. Therefore, if you sent the labor in 2001 then you have to prove ability to pay for 2001 through 2006.
Audited financial statements are very expensive and probably do not suit your needs (At least $5,000 per year). Every year has to show ability to pay not just current year.
I can do it but it is pretty expensive. It will range from $xxxxx. You can give me a call with the details and I�ll let you know the chances of success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: xxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:26 PM
To: ny.united@gmail.com
Subject:
Hi,
I heard about you on one of the immigration portals. I am the employer and ready to file I-140 for alien worker. He and his wife are here on B2 visas.
We are concerned about the ability to pay issue. I heard that you are the best on this.
The instructions are not clear at all. Do you have to send 3 years of tax returns. 2006 is not done yet, can we send audited financial statements? What is an audited financial statement exactly? What if the company did not have enough net income in 2005 and 2004 but has it in 2006. Can you please help us? As the employer we are willing to help the worker to get the I-140 approved.
Can you help us? Please, let me know and also how much do you charge.
Their visa expiring soon, please respond A.S.A.P
Thank very much
xxxxxxxx
wallpaper Selena Gomez wearing Catherine
sanjay
03-27 04:01 PM
Boss, remove Atalji. He is on bed for last 8 months. So no chance for him.
Sonia Gandhi is out of question as people will not accept her.
Rahul is a baccha ( KID ) in front of all those stalwarts ( old and experience wolves ).
Contest should be only between MMS and Advani.
Though i would have loved to see Modi on PM HOT seat.
To all those who had given me RED dot and most idiotic comments for my above post.
Does my above post really need these comments:
* you racist hindu bastard...
* take this nonsense elsewhere
* gandu
etc;
Sonia Gandhi is out of question as people will not accept her.
Rahul is a baccha ( KID ) in front of all those stalwarts ( old and experience wolves ).
Contest should be only between MMS and Advani.
Though i would have loved to see Modi on PM HOT seat.
To all those who had given me RED dot and most idiotic comments for my above post.
Does my above post really need these comments:
* you racist hindu bastard...
* take this nonsense elsewhere
* gandu
etc;
Mount Soche
02-14 08:30 AM
Bestia,
This is bigotry. Stop using other countries (Sierra Leone or Kongo (spelled Congo FYI) as scapegoats. Obviously, your country isn't so great or you wouldn't be on this forum trying to immigrate to the U.S. Plenty of people do immigrate to the Congo and Sierra Leone FYI...I am not attacking you but it is incredibly insensitive and ridiculous to point to other countries in that way - where are you from that's so perfect?
That's an old story. The answer is: "if someone commits a crime, it doesn't give you right to commit crime".
Why not go back and say "Well, Homo Sapiens themselves 150,000 years ago migrated to Europe from Africa and exterminated native Neanderthals. So why don't we just go and exterminate Europeans today and take Europe?"
If it wouldn't be Europeans, there wouldn't be technological advanced United States and we wouldn't want immigrate here. We are not migrating to Kongo or Sierra Leone, don't we?
This is bigotry. Stop using other countries (Sierra Leone or Kongo (spelled Congo FYI) as scapegoats. Obviously, your country isn't so great or you wouldn't be on this forum trying to immigrate to the U.S. Plenty of people do immigrate to the Congo and Sierra Leone FYI...I am not attacking you but it is incredibly insensitive and ridiculous to point to other countries in that way - where are you from that's so perfect?
That's an old story. The answer is: "if someone commits a crime, it doesn't give you right to commit crime".
Why not go back and say "Well, Homo Sapiens themselves 150,000 years ago migrated to Europe from Africa and exterminated native Neanderthals. So why don't we just go and exterminate Europeans today and take Europe?"
If it wouldn't be Europeans, there wouldn't be technological advanced United States and we wouldn't want immigrate here. We are not migrating to Kongo or Sierra Leone, don't we?
2011 Selena Gomez Clothes
m306m
02-14 01:48 PM
lazycis/hopefulgc I am willing to send $10 as a token of support for your initiative. I am impressed by your confidence and conviction. Let us form a new group and we will definitely get moral support from all good IV members. Personally I dont want to be plaintiff as I have too much to loose. But I support your group. Waiting for your direction.
I am willing to contribute $10 to get solid legal advice on this and I am willing to contribute a lot more in a lawsuit IF and ONLY IF there is a strong legal basis for it. I have voted NO on the poll, I would prefer we take a more conciliatory approach to USCIS. As the saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Having said that, if IV were to go ahead with the lawsuit, I could be counted on to contribute financially.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
I am willing to contribute $10 to get solid legal advice on this and I am willing to contribute a lot more in a lawsuit IF and ONLY IF there is a strong legal basis for it. I have voted NO on the poll, I would prefer we take a more conciliatory approach to USCIS. As the saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Having said that, if IV were to go ahead with the lawsuit, I could be counted on to contribute financially.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
more...
ajthakur
07-15 02:32 AM
I filed for 485 during July 2007. My 140 was already approved. Due to some problems I quit my employer in August 2007. My previous employer was a desi blood sucker. I was fed up & decided to quit after working for him for 3 years. I applied for H1 transfer with a new employer based on approved 140. I got H1 approval for another 3 years. Currently I am working for the new H1 sponsoring employer. I also received an EAD card based on pending 485 for one year. I didnt notify USICS of job change in July.
I applied for EAD extension this year. The application for EAD extension is pending. I got a following RFE on my 485:
Please state whether or not you are currently working for your I-140 petitioner.
You must submit a currently dated letter from you permanent employer, describing your present job duties & position in the organization, your proferred position (if different from your current one), the date you began employement & the offered salary & wage. The letter must also indicate whether the terms & conditions of your employement based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.
I am not in good terms with my previous employer so I cant ask him for a letter. I can ask my new employer for such a letter.
Also is it possible that 140 was revoked by my previous employer?
Why did they send a RFE instead of NOID in my case?
I applied for EAD extension this year. The application for EAD extension is pending. I got a following RFE on my 485:
Please state whether or not you are currently working for your I-140 petitioner.
You must submit a currently dated letter from you permanent employer, describing your present job duties & position in the organization, your proferred position (if different from your current one), the date you began employement & the offered salary & wage. The letter must also indicate whether the terms & conditions of your employement based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.
I am not in good terms with my previous employer so I cant ask him for a letter. I can ask my new employer for such a letter.
Also is it possible that 140 was revoked by my previous employer?
Why did they send a RFE instead of NOID in my case?
mbawa2574
02-15 05:20 PM
You are not saying there are more chinese and indians here, so that means what? that there are not more chinese and indians here?
As you said half the world population is indian or chinese and I'm saying this, rather than pure skill, is why there are more of them here. This is why I repeatedly protest your reference to only skills and brightness as the factor for the non balanced EB population.
If the world population is the reference, the US would have to take half of its immigrants from 2 countries, they clearly don't want that so they conciously set that rule.. u need them to change the rule u need to give them a reason that's useful for them not for you.
Can't you understand the meaning of fair shot and equality ? Let people apply in FIFO . Don't tell me what US wants ? No one has a clear idea of it.and suddenly people like you for your personal interests have started opposing IV's skill based initiative because your dates moved a little ahead and supporting existing discriminatory laws. What will happen when they retrogress again to 1999 next month ? What will be your stand then? Did you come to IV rally ? Probably not because you think of your personal interest and have nothing to do with the big picture.
As you said half the world population is indian or chinese and I'm saying this, rather than pure skill, is why there are more of them here. This is why I repeatedly protest your reference to only skills and brightness as the factor for the non balanced EB population.
If the world population is the reference, the US would have to take half of its immigrants from 2 countries, they clearly don't want that so they conciously set that rule.. u need them to change the rule u need to give them a reason that's useful for them not for you.
Can't you understand the meaning of fair shot and equality ? Let people apply in FIFO . Don't tell me what US wants ? No one has a clear idea of it.and suddenly people like you for your personal interests have started opposing IV's skill based initiative because your dates moved a little ahead and supporting existing discriminatory laws. What will happen when they retrogress again to 1999 next month ? What will be your stand then? Did you come to IV rally ? Probably not because you think of your personal interest and have nothing to do with the big picture.
more...
kumarc123
07-25 10:19 AM
I doubt it whether he knows about the USCIS has changed the spill overs to horizontal fall outs and due to that the number of visas added to EB2 India/China. The horizontal spill over is giving a greatest adventage to EB2 India and making it run to catch up CURRENT. I see in the link http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5456&page=8 , in one post he is predicting " I expect to see substantial worldwide EB3 movement during the next fiscal year." . But its not true because the EB3 world wide wont have many visas as before from now on. The EB3 world wide will move based on the 7% quota but not more than that.
Well I agree with you and some other members. Most of these lawyers don't know crap what they are talking about. I have my white lawyer, so far the experience has been good with him, but when I asked about the current dates, he was quiet perplexed.
The fact is , no one has done calculation like we IV members, also in Ron's post nothing was mentioned about horizontal or vertical movement. All the comments made by this lawyer are more on subjective and speculative lines.
Ron Gotcher is simply doing a guess work here,
It's reverse psychology, create a little tension among applicants, and the lawyers will get more clients for answers. Believe it or not, IV has affected a lot lawyers business, as now members here are more educated in filling up different forms themselves. Somehow I feel, even a firm like Murthy law looks up to IV for latest updates.
Well I agree with you and some other members. Most of these lawyers don't know crap what they are talking about. I have my white lawyer, so far the experience has been good with him, but when I asked about the current dates, he was quiet perplexed.
The fact is , no one has done calculation like we IV members, also in Ron's post nothing was mentioned about horizontal or vertical movement. All the comments made by this lawyer are more on subjective and speculative lines.
Ron Gotcher is simply doing a guess work here,
It's reverse psychology, create a little tension among applicants, and the lawyers will get more clients for answers. Believe it or not, IV has affected a lot lawyers business, as now members here are more educated in filling up different forms themselves. Somehow I feel, even a firm like Murthy law looks up to IV for latest updates.
2010 Selena Gomez#39;s Dress,
drirshad
07-29 03:58 AM
I live in MI and have worked for Big3 (GM/Ford/Chrysler) over the years. Last year Chrysler got an offer that their IT budget can be cut by 30% if they give all contracts to this company. After good research and due to money problems Chrysler took the offer. Came in TCS & Convasys took away most of the jobs and off shored them in no time. I moved out last year and have seen whole teams being wiped out. Only the manager who was there before stayed.
Not sure if this offshore is good in long term or not. Obviously there will be fewer perms.
Not sure if this offshore is good in long term or not. Obviously there will be fewer perms.
more...
sj2273
06-11 07:49 PM
To be honest, I do agree that the US needs qualified people with skillsets. The real question is "Are the people from the desi consulting companies the real qualified lot ? " Just to get my background details out of the way. I am a new member, from India ofcourse, and I have recently applied for my citizenship. Now with this huge deluge of immigrants, especially from the desi consulting companies, I feel that my quality of life is getting adversely impacted. Do not rush to conclusions that I am anti Indian or anti immigrant. 12 years back when I first got my H1 visa, the requirements to qualify were strict. Staffing companies to a decent extent followed rules and tried to get the best and the brightest. Once the dot com boom started, people from all walks of life entered IT. This was true of not just the Indians but also of people in the US. Soon after the bust, the value proposition from these staffing companies was simply low cost. This is not to blame the staffing companies. They behaved in an economically rational way.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
Dear Dilip,
Thank you for your kind words and analysis. But I am sure you will agree to the fact that bad apples are everywhere. You were qualified - good for you! Unfortunately, we are sailing in a boat that has good and not so good people. I can quote examples where I have not only come across dishonest indians but dishonest people from every nationalitly that you know of. I have been in the field for over 13 years (not a techie) and believe me my job puts me infront of all kinds of people. Now coming to the point - we are all here to find a solution to a bigger problem - retrogression and mr. op's decree that we will have to wait for decades before we can see that 485 approval. Well, I disagree and have a gut feeling that something is wrong somewhere. Its not a clear picture. I am optimistic about the fact that if we wish, we can still have people in the government at least look at our case. There is a lot of work to be done and we need help from people like you in doing so. We need intelligent people like you to advice, suggest and generate optimism and not derail us by letting us know that Indians are dishonest, not qualified etc. We all already know that!
That does not serve our purpose to be here. Thank you for reading my posting.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
Dear Dilip,
Thank you for your kind words and analysis. But I am sure you will agree to the fact that bad apples are everywhere. You were qualified - good for you! Unfortunately, we are sailing in a boat that has good and not so good people. I can quote examples where I have not only come across dishonest indians but dishonest people from every nationalitly that you know of. I have been in the field for over 13 years (not a techie) and believe me my job puts me infront of all kinds of people. Now coming to the point - we are all here to find a solution to a bigger problem - retrogression and mr. op's decree that we will have to wait for decades before we can see that 485 approval. Well, I disagree and have a gut feeling that something is wrong somewhere. Its not a clear picture. I am optimistic about the fact that if we wish, we can still have people in the government at least look at our case. There is a lot of work to be done and we need help from people like you in doing so. We need intelligent people like you to advice, suggest and generate optimism and not derail us by letting us know that Indians are dishonest, not qualified etc. We all already know that!
That does not serve our purpose to be here. Thank you for reading my posting.
hair Selena Gomez in London 2011

sidbee
01-14 01:49 PM
V true.
Folks, the memo clearly empowers USCIS to crack down on consulting firms which don't have any in-house infrastructure (other than contractors) to execute projects.
H1B is misused for a long time now by these firms and it was high time they put the screws on these "job shops" as they call it. Unfortunately some talented workers will get impacted.
But if they are talented they will find opportunities elsewhere. Trust me on that. And better opportunities.
Nathan is exactly right. These firms have created a mess by bending rules everywhere.
Don't start speculating that USCIS is trying to throw out all immigrants from this country. I'm surprised that folks don't take a proper view of the situation (yeah..bring the reds on and call me an anti-immigrant).
At-least somebody is talking sense.
I think, USCIS is taking the correct steps to prevent the misuse of the H1B Program.
Folks, the memo clearly empowers USCIS to crack down on consulting firms which don't have any in-house infrastructure (other than contractors) to execute projects.
H1B is misused for a long time now by these firms and it was high time they put the screws on these "job shops" as they call it. Unfortunately some talented workers will get impacted.
But if they are talented they will find opportunities elsewhere. Trust me on that. And better opportunities.
Nathan is exactly right. These firms have created a mess by bending rules everywhere.
Don't start speculating that USCIS is trying to throw out all immigrants from this country. I'm surprised that folks don't take a proper view of the situation (yeah..bring the reds on and call me an anti-immigrant).
At-least somebody is talking sense.
I think, USCIS is taking the correct steps to prevent the misuse of the H1B Program.
more...
desi3933
07-27 02:23 PM
Nobody is misguiding anyone. Talk to your lawyer and find out. Amway doesn't offer you employment.
What you get is 1099-MISC the same you get for your stocks and investments. Talk to your lawyer and find out.
It is correct that Amway doesn't offer employment, but the Amway activities are self-employment activities and therefore are under review for valid and authorized employment.
Only US residents, who are authorized for self-employment, can run their business or home based business activities.
Can someone on H-4 visa status can run Amway baed home business? Yes/No. I know you will say "check with your accountant/lawyer" line knowing well H-4 can not be self-employed.
______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
What you get is 1099-MISC the same you get for your stocks and investments. Talk to your lawyer and find out.
It is correct that Amway doesn't offer employment, but the Amway activities are self-employment activities and therefore are under review for valid and authorized employment.
Only US residents, who are authorized for self-employment, can run their business or home based business activities.
Can someone on H-4 visa status can run Amway baed home business? Yes/No. I know you will say "check with your accountant/lawyer" line knowing well H-4 can not be self-employed.
______________________
Not a legal advice.
US citizen of Indian origin
hot Selena Gomez Clothes
sachug22
09-17 10:57 AM
Do you have any data to back your claim? I beleive there are more EB2 China numbers than India. I remember seeing some data a while back where Indian EB2 & Eb3 ratio was close to 50% where as China it was 80% EB2 to 20% EB3. Which makes me think there are more EB2 china than india.
Read this quote from Ron Gotcher, assuming that he is getting the data from CIS sources for EB2 ratio between India/China is 2.5 : 1
Immigration Information Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Collaboration on visa quota data/analysis (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/33180-post56.html)
Read this quote from Ron Gotcher, assuming that he is getting the data from CIS sources for EB2 ratio between India/China is 2.5 : 1
Immigration Information Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Collaboration on visa quota data/analysis (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/33180-post56.html)
more...
house selena gomez dress 2011.
small2006
07-03 04:32 PM
ooking for the following :
Chris Core
Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Mark Levin
__________________
Less talk, more work.
PD Nov 2005
I-140 Jun 2007 / EB3
http://rkkblogger.blogspot.com/
-----------------------
$20 / monthly
$260 - so far
-----------------------
Mark Levin: http://www.marklevinshow.com/ 1-877-3813811
Sean Hannity: http://www.hannity.com/ 1-800-941-7326
Rush Limbaugh: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html 1-800-282-2882
Chris Core: http://www.wmal.com/showdj.asp?DJID=2173 1-888-630-WMAL
Chris Core
Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Mark Levin
__________________
Less talk, more work.
PD Nov 2005
I-140 Jun 2007 / EB3
http://rkkblogger.blogspot.com/
-----------------------
$20 / monthly
$260 - so far
-----------------------
Mark Levin: http://www.marklevinshow.com/ 1-877-3813811
Sean Hannity: http://www.hannity.com/ 1-800-941-7326
Rush Limbaugh: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html 1-800-282-2882
Chris Core: http://www.wmal.com/showdj.asp?DJID=2173 1-888-630-WMAL
tattoo Selena Gomez Dress at Grammy
snathan
01-21 06:27 PM
I got the below email from multiple friends. I don't know what is the source, who wrote this analysis because there is no links. I did NOT mean to spread the fear. Just sharing the contents unaltered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, this is how many could read RECENT (Jan 8, 2010) actions / announcement by USCIS towards Consulting companies, which engages or merely places their employees at the client sites for various projects.
� No new H1B application will be approved, as per the new guidelines provided USCIS on Jan 08, 2010 memorandum � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
� No new H1B extension/stamping will be approved, as per the new guidelines provided USCIS on Jan 08, 2010 memorandum � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
� If an employee has H1B approved or extension approved, and if he/she comes back to US from a vacation or from an emergency, he/she would be deported back to his/her home country from the Port of Entry (PoE) � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
Why?
Because of 2 recent events:
1) USCIS gave new memorandum (which is now guidelines for USCIS professionals working on the H1B petitions/extensions) on Jan 08th, 2010. (Attached the PDF file for the memorandum).
2) Recently (Jan 2010) several H1B Employees were sent back (in some forum, its mentioned � all of them) to their home country from Newark, NJ and JFK, NY Port of Entry � these were the H1B employees, who went to spend Christmas/New Year vacation to their home countries.
What does the memorandum mention, specifically, about 3rd Party Consulting companies?
Link to the memorandum (PDF attached) � http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2010/H1B%20Employer-Employee%20Memo010810.pdf
Employer-Employee Relationship:
As per the memorandum, some previous H1B Law defines, the definition of an �US Employer�. Somewhere in that definition (Page 2 of memo), it mentions the word �Employer-Employee relationship�. Till now, it seems that there was no clear guidance on what kind of relationship was considered having Employer-Employee relationship. So, it was being, probably, interpreted independently or ambiguously. Now, on Jan 8th, 2010, USCIS has published this memorandum for TRAINING USCIS OFFICIALS about understanding, Employer-Employee relationship. The memorandum seems to have been prepared with a clear understanding about it, along with the specific EXAMPLES.
Memorandum has given few specific examples, which would QUALIFY for having Employer-Employee relationship, on Page 4-5 of the Memo � including the nature of the job/business. On Page 5-6, memorandum gives few specific examples, which would NOT QUALIFY for having Employer-Employee relationship. Third Party Placement / �Job-Shop� (better version of �Body-shop�, probably) is NOT QUALIFIED for meeting Employer-Employee Relationships � meaning, 3rd Party placement (which most of the small consulting companies do) doesn�t meet H1B requirement, as defined by the law � meaning for this job, the new H1B or Extension or Stamping petitions CANNOT be approved!! Period !!
This is how memorandum has identified 3rd Party Placements and in Bold letters, why it disqualifies for the H1B petitions (comments are in Red):
�The petitioner is a computer consulting company (which is what all small consulting do). The petitioner has contract with numerous outside companies in which it supplies these companies with employee to fulfill specific staffing needs. The specific positions are not outlined in the contract between the petitioner and the third-party company but are staffed on an as-needed basis (this is nothing but, Service Agreement between the petitioner and the mid-vendor!). The beneficiary is a computer analyst (which is what many small consulting company�s employee are). The beneficiary has been assigned to work for the third-party company to fill a core position to maintain the third-party company�s payroll (this nothing but, Mid-Vendor�s or so-called Prime-Vendor�s or Consulting Partner�s Revenue). Once placed at the client company, the beneficiary reports to a manager who works for the third-party company (as it happens, when Consulting partner hires employee as a contractor). The beneficiary does not report to the petitioner for work assignments, and all work assignments are determined by the third-party company (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). The petitioner does not control how the beneficiary will complete daily tasks, and no propriety information of the petitioner is used by the beneficiary to complete any work assignments (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). The beneficiary�s end-product, the payroll (payroll of mid-vendor/prime vendor/consulting partner), is not in any way related to the petitioner�s line of business, which is computer consulting. The beneficiary�s progress reviews are completed by the client company, not the petitioner (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). [Petitioner Has No Right to Control; No Exercise of Control].�
Right to Control:
Supreme Court has stated the definition of Employer-Employee Relationship (Page 3 of Memo), and there it was mentioned to have �Right to Control� over the work of the employee by the employer. From the entire memo, it sounds that Right control is well-established, ONLY WHEN, at least one supervisor from the petitioner�s company works with the beneficiary at the end-client site, and supervises beneficiary�s day-to-day work. So, big Consulting companies such as Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, Deloitte etc. will be good, as they would meet �Right to Control� and that way, they will satisfy H1B requirement by law, and their petitions for similar 3rd party consulting work, will be APPROVED, but not in case of, small consulting companies!! This is because, big consulting companies such as Accenture � have their entire or partial team � along with managers etc. � working at the same client site, where the beneficiary would be working, so they could supervise their work and so exercise control over their work etc., but that cannot be the case with the small consulting � because, their actual business has been, so far, to place employees and run pay-roll � not to get the client projects!
Why one could think that there are slim chances for this memorandum to get reversed in favor of small consulting companies?
This memorandum took care of big consulting companies such as Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Accenture etc. � meaning, these companies and their employees are NOT impacted. They can travel freely to-and-fro their home country etc. Since, big companies are not impacted, there will not be any big lobbying or oppositions to this memorandum, per say!! There don�t seem to be a platform for small consulting companies to gather and lobby, plus most the small consulting may not get involved, with fear of exposing themselves more to other issues!! So, it might be east to assume that this memorandum is permanent and not temporary. The recent deportation also indicates that the changes like this memorandum is for serious, not just the warning!
How this memorandum relates to the recent deportation events from NY and NJ airports?
There seems to be an anticipated link between these 2 events � Memorandum and recent Deportations � kind of an indication about the current level of government scrutiny and seriousness of the H1B program. Hence, there have been advices by others that � each employer and employee should operate by strictly following the H1B program requirements.
Link to Murthy.com front page posting about this � MurthyDotCom : NewsFlash! Note to H1Bs Traveling to U.S., Working for Consulting Companies (http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_h1conc.html)
What one could predict as happening sooner (trend)?
� Since, it seems big consulting companies (having their own consulting projects)/full-time end-clients and their beneficiaries are not impacted with these changes � there could be trend � employee moving from small companies to big companies for a better shelter for full-time positions � especially, when small consulting company�s immediate preventions / actions to this memo cannot ensure safety.
� Big consulting companies could buy small consulting companies or small consulting companies could sell their companies to big consulting companies (having their own consulting projects), to save their employee�s future/transition etc.
Good Luck my Friends....!!
Everyone knows what the impact would be...no one coming up with the solutions or ready to fight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, this is how many could read RECENT (Jan 8, 2010) actions / announcement by USCIS towards Consulting companies, which engages or merely places their employees at the client sites for various projects.
� No new H1B application will be approved, as per the new guidelines provided USCIS on Jan 08, 2010 memorandum � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
� No new H1B extension/stamping will be approved, as per the new guidelines provided USCIS on Jan 08, 2010 memorandum � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
� If an employee has H1B approved or extension approved, and if he/she comes back to US from a vacation or from an emergency, he/she would be deported back to his/her home country from the Port of Entry (PoE) � for 3rd Party Consulting company.
Why?
Because of 2 recent events:
1) USCIS gave new memorandum (which is now guidelines for USCIS professionals working on the H1B petitions/extensions) on Jan 08th, 2010. (Attached the PDF file for the memorandum).
2) Recently (Jan 2010) several H1B Employees were sent back (in some forum, its mentioned � all of them) to their home country from Newark, NJ and JFK, NY Port of Entry � these were the H1B employees, who went to spend Christmas/New Year vacation to their home countries.
What does the memorandum mention, specifically, about 3rd Party Consulting companies?
Link to the memorandum (PDF attached) � http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2010/H1B%20Employer-Employee%20Memo010810.pdf
Employer-Employee Relationship:
As per the memorandum, some previous H1B Law defines, the definition of an �US Employer�. Somewhere in that definition (Page 2 of memo), it mentions the word �Employer-Employee relationship�. Till now, it seems that there was no clear guidance on what kind of relationship was considered having Employer-Employee relationship. So, it was being, probably, interpreted independently or ambiguously. Now, on Jan 8th, 2010, USCIS has published this memorandum for TRAINING USCIS OFFICIALS about understanding, Employer-Employee relationship. The memorandum seems to have been prepared with a clear understanding about it, along with the specific EXAMPLES.
Memorandum has given few specific examples, which would QUALIFY for having Employer-Employee relationship, on Page 4-5 of the Memo � including the nature of the job/business. On Page 5-6, memorandum gives few specific examples, which would NOT QUALIFY for having Employer-Employee relationship. Third Party Placement / �Job-Shop� (better version of �Body-shop�, probably) is NOT QUALIFIED for meeting Employer-Employee Relationships � meaning, 3rd Party placement (which most of the small consulting companies do) doesn�t meet H1B requirement, as defined by the law � meaning for this job, the new H1B or Extension or Stamping petitions CANNOT be approved!! Period !!
This is how memorandum has identified 3rd Party Placements and in Bold letters, why it disqualifies for the H1B petitions (comments are in Red):
�The petitioner is a computer consulting company (which is what all small consulting do). The petitioner has contract with numerous outside companies in which it supplies these companies with employee to fulfill specific staffing needs. The specific positions are not outlined in the contract between the petitioner and the third-party company but are staffed on an as-needed basis (this is nothing but, Service Agreement between the petitioner and the mid-vendor!). The beneficiary is a computer analyst (which is what many small consulting company�s employee are). The beneficiary has been assigned to work for the third-party company to fill a core position to maintain the third-party company�s payroll (this nothing but, Mid-Vendor�s or so-called Prime-Vendor�s or Consulting Partner�s Revenue). Once placed at the client company, the beneficiary reports to a manager who works for the third-party company (as it happens, when Consulting partner hires employee as a contractor). The beneficiary does not report to the petitioner for work assignments, and all work assignments are determined by the third-party company (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). The petitioner does not control how the beneficiary will complete daily tasks, and no propriety information of the petitioner is used by the beneficiary to complete any work assignments (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). The beneficiary�s end-product, the payroll (payroll of mid-vendor/prime vendor/consulting partner), is not in any way related to the petitioner�s line of business, which is computer consulting. The beneficiary�s progress reviews are completed by the client company, not the petitioner (petitioner just runs pay-rolls!). [Petitioner Has No Right to Control; No Exercise of Control].�
Right to Control:
Supreme Court has stated the definition of Employer-Employee Relationship (Page 3 of Memo), and there it was mentioned to have �Right to Control� over the work of the employee by the employer. From the entire memo, it sounds that Right control is well-established, ONLY WHEN, at least one supervisor from the petitioner�s company works with the beneficiary at the end-client site, and supervises beneficiary�s day-to-day work. So, big Consulting companies such as Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, Deloitte etc. will be good, as they would meet �Right to Control� and that way, they will satisfy H1B requirement by law, and their petitions for similar 3rd party consulting work, will be APPROVED, but not in case of, small consulting companies!! This is because, big consulting companies such as Accenture � have their entire or partial team � along with managers etc. � working at the same client site, where the beneficiary would be working, so they could supervise their work and so exercise control over their work etc., but that cannot be the case with the small consulting � because, their actual business has been, so far, to place employees and run pay-roll � not to get the client projects!
Why one could think that there are slim chances for this memorandum to get reversed in favor of small consulting companies?
This memorandum took care of big consulting companies such as Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Accenture etc. � meaning, these companies and their employees are NOT impacted. They can travel freely to-and-fro their home country etc. Since, big companies are not impacted, there will not be any big lobbying or oppositions to this memorandum, per say!! There don�t seem to be a platform for small consulting companies to gather and lobby, plus most the small consulting may not get involved, with fear of exposing themselves more to other issues!! So, it might be east to assume that this memorandum is permanent and not temporary. The recent deportation also indicates that the changes like this memorandum is for serious, not just the warning!
How this memorandum relates to the recent deportation events from NY and NJ airports?
There seems to be an anticipated link between these 2 events � Memorandum and recent Deportations � kind of an indication about the current level of government scrutiny and seriousness of the H1B program. Hence, there have been advices by others that � each employer and employee should operate by strictly following the H1B program requirements.
Link to Murthy.com front page posting about this � MurthyDotCom : NewsFlash! Note to H1Bs Traveling to U.S., Working for Consulting Companies (http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_h1conc.html)
What one could predict as happening sooner (trend)?
� Since, it seems big consulting companies (having their own consulting projects)/full-time end-clients and their beneficiaries are not impacted with these changes � there could be trend � employee moving from small companies to big companies for a better shelter for full-time positions � especially, when small consulting company�s immediate preventions / actions to this memo cannot ensure safety.
� Big consulting companies could buy small consulting companies or small consulting companies could sell their companies to big consulting companies (having their own consulting projects), to save their employee�s future/transition etc.
Good Luck my Friends....!!
Everyone knows what the impact would be...no one coming up with the solutions or ready to fight.
more...
pictures Selena Gomez Dresses 2011.
johnamit
07-12 04:11 PM
I always has that question what is the real difference, hear people sayinig more taxes less salary and all that but don't know the actual difference yet.
Will appreciate if someone can shed more light or post a link.
Every time I hear "Canadian taxes are so much higher", I respond back with "really ? how much are you paying a month for health insurance?". I suggest a typical breadwinner with spouse + 2 dependents is probably paying $500 / mo + in health insurance premiums. Add that $6K / yr to your US tax bill, then compare it to your Canadian tax bill. ;)
- GS
Will appreciate if someone can shed more light or post a link.
Every time I hear "Canadian taxes are so much higher", I respond back with "really ? how much are you paying a month for health insurance?". I suggest a typical breadwinner with spouse + 2 dependents is probably paying $500 / mo + in health insurance premiums. Add that $6K / yr to your US tax bill, then compare it to your Canadian tax bill. ;)
- GS
dresses Dress: Paule Ka Ruffled One
sidbee
06-17 02:17 PM
I have heard the opposite. In fact one recent story I heard , was the guy applied in EB1 as International Manager and got his GC in 6 months. Again the company applying is Cognizant.
Maybe the source u heard from is someone from Cognizant itself or supporter of Cognizant whose trying to cover up and trying make sure that no one reports about their misuse of EB1, so that they can continue to apply in EB1. This is a high possibility. So when you hear such news do not believe it completely.
Morever H-1Bs are rejected for lot of companies. So cognizant is no exception to that. Regarding the EB-1 GC holders being deported , I find that really hard to believe.
Its perfectly legal for Cognizant to apply for EB1 for a Manager on L1A. Salary may be peanuts , and that cant be a basis of discrimination.
I don't even see a misuse, if you job duties are same as what is told to USCIS for L1A, You can easily get a GC in 2 months.
Which law states, getting GC using EB1 , on L1A is not allowed, In fact it is , and that's why people use it.
Maybe the source u heard from is someone from Cognizant itself or supporter of Cognizant whose trying to cover up and trying make sure that no one reports about their misuse of EB1, so that they can continue to apply in EB1. This is a high possibility. So when you hear such news do not believe it completely.
Morever H-1Bs are rejected for lot of companies. So cognizant is no exception to that. Regarding the EB-1 GC holders being deported , I find that really hard to believe.
Its perfectly legal for Cognizant to apply for EB1 for a Manager on L1A. Salary may be peanuts , and that cant be a basis of discrimination.
I don't even see a misuse, if you job duties are same as what is told to USCIS for L1A, You can easily get a GC in 2 months.
Which law states, getting GC using EB1 , on L1A is not allowed, In fact it is , and that's why people use it.
more...
makeup selena gomez dresses 2011
vrbest
07-22 12:27 PM
Thank you for taking time to answer my question. my PD is Apr 06 EB3-India. I filed 485 on Jul 23, 2007.
Can I continue working for Company B until GC is received? or should I join company C before that?
Whats your EB3 PD. You can join company C anytime assuming that it has been more than six months since you filed your I-485. Company C can start the EB2 process should you choose to. However bear in mind that this process will also take some time.
Can I continue working for Company B until GC is received? or should I join company C before that?
Whats your EB3 PD. You can join company C anytime assuming that it has been more than six months since you filed your I-485. Company C can start the EB2 process should you choose to. However bear in mind that this process will also take some time.
girlfriend 2011 Trends Fashion Selena
willigetgc?
01-14 12:03 PM
.
hairstyles 2011. Selena Gomez dresses
lazycis
02-18 02:35 AM
A good site dedicated to class actions
http://www.classactionlitigation.com
These are particularly interesting:
http://www.classactionlitigation.com/fcapmanual/chapter2.html
http://www.classactionlitigation.com/faq.html#q7
http://www.classactionlitigation.com
These are particularly interesting:
http://www.classactionlitigation.com/fcapmanual/chapter2.html
http://www.classactionlitigation.com/faq.html#q7
m306m
02-14 01:48 PM
lazycis/hopefulgc I am willing to send $10 as a token of support for your initiative. I am impressed by your confidence and conviction. Let us form a new group and we will definitely get moral support from all good IV members. Personally I dont want to be plaintiff as I have too much to loose. But I support your group. Waiting for your direction.
I am willing to contribute $10 to get solid legal advice on this and I am willing to contribute a lot more in a lawsuit IF and ONLY IF there is a strong legal basis for it. I have voted NO on the poll, I would prefer we take a more conciliatory approach to USCIS. As the saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Having said that, if IV were to go ahead with the lawsuit, I could be counted on to contribute financially.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
I am willing to contribute $10 to get solid legal advice on this and I am willing to contribute a lot more in a lawsuit IF and ONLY IF there is a strong legal basis for it. I have voted NO on the poll, I would prefer we take a more conciliatory approach to USCIS. As the saying goes "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Having said that, if IV were to go ahead with the lawsuit, I could be counted on to contribute financially.
I appreciate IV for its efforts. Happy V'Day.
bitu72
10-23 05:30 PM
what is definition of "canadian business".
can we extrpoltae your suggestion little bit more or is it asking for too much
1. once you have PR ask your wife to open a company A.
2. As a employee of company A you can come over to USA while maintainig your PR status. You should still be considered to be covered under candian business wanting the employee to work on international projects..
can this theory fly...all this assuming no EAD filling in near future
can we extrpoltae your suggestion little bit more or is it asking for too much
1. once you have PR ask your wife to open a company A.
2. As a employee of company A you can come over to USA while maintainig your PR status. You should still be considered to be covered under candian business wanting the employee to work on international projects..
can this theory fly...all this assuming no EAD filling in near future



0 comments:
Post a Comment