rahulpaper
06-28 05:11 PM
the cycle for visa exhaustion has to happen before USCIS triggers action....its just not how many applications showed up on their door...and one(including me) should not feel toooo bad if we are not able to submit application becasue the visa numbers were exhausted. More painful will be if it is only based on applications received and mine went in a little later than others. lot of hard works has gone into prepraing this application. I would hire my attorney to put a suit against himself...
As i understand it...number of applications received by USCIS on july 2nd does not in any way affect the acceptance of application on july 22nd......do you see it as i see it
Still, just because DOS told USCIS "Visas are exhausted" doesnt mean they should stop ACCEPTING new petitions. They can stop APPROVING new ones, but why stop ACCEPTING new petitions. Visa bulletins guide the filing as well as approval of petitions. If visa bulletins is current, then they can both accept and approve petitions.
As i understand it...number of applications received by USCIS on july 2nd does not in any way affect the acceptance of application on july 22nd......do you see it as i see it
Still, just because DOS told USCIS "Visas are exhausted" doesnt mean they should stop ACCEPTING new petitions. They can stop APPROVING new ones, but why stop ACCEPTING new petitions. Visa bulletins guide the filing as well as approval of petitions. If visa bulletins is current, then they can both accept and approve petitions.
wallpaper Watch the 2010 World Cup with
vbkris77
09-14 03:35 PM
I got the below numbers from the PERM FDLC site.
2005 India 1353
2006 India 3888
2007 India 60
2008 India 10
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
Unless you source is different from mine, India total PERM LCs were as below.
2005&2006 - 25000
2007 - 25000
2008 - Not many
2009 - Not many, but unknown
Even at 50% EB2, EB3, we will have a long wait. There will be a visa demand of upto 60,000 for EB2.
We know that sometime back, one of an IV member got response from a senator that EB2 India backlog is 45,000. Even if I agree that there are 5K approvals in Sep 09 alone, EB2 still has 40,000 pending with PD before July. I am only adding 40% from there even though every India applicant knows that EB3 F***dup and a joke.
So we have a long wait.. Lets admit it..
2005 India 1353
2006 India 3888
2007 India 60
2008 India 10
Total 5311
5311 for both EB1-5 : So taking 50% for EB2I - 2655
GC : 2655*2.5 = 6637 ~ 6500 (considering lucky 2008 Aug-Sep approvals, 2009 Sept)
Unless you source is different from mine, India total PERM LCs were as below.
2005&2006 - 25000
2007 - 25000
2008 - Not many
2009 - Not many, but unknown
Even at 50% EB2, EB3, we will have a long wait. There will be a visa demand of upto 60,000 for EB2.
We know that sometime back, one of an IV member got response from a senator that EB2 India backlog is 45,000. Even if I agree that there are 5K approvals in Sep 09 alone, EB2 still has 40,000 pending with PD before July. I am only adding 40% from there even though every India applicant knows that EB3 F***dup and a joke.
So we have a long wait.. Lets admit it..
bajrangbali
05-29 12:10 AM
Thank you for all your contributions all these years on H1B and all the social security and medicare taxes you have paid. Now please move on and let the natives take ur place or let the newbies take ur place before you complete your 10yrs and get a GC and stand in line for retirement benefits in future.
So many divisions in EB caterogy, EB 1/2/3, china/india/phil/row... they are using these categories like a caste system to turn EB immigrants against each other. As they say..it is never a problem until it happens to you... atleast now ALL categories people should come out with one voice against the EB system..
20 million illegals have a shot at legal residency and work-permit...HALF-million so called highly skilled immigrants cant make the pick?? Maybe we need to be pushed down even more before we stand up...
I would suggest everyone all half-million apply for canadian PR..even though their system gets flooded..this would send a message..
Even if Canadian PR takes 3yrs (currently 6-18mos)...much better than waiting 10 or more years constantly being abused by RFEs, biometrics, immunizations like animals..
Those of us who are entrepreneurs think seriously about taking the business offshore...
leverage people...gotta have some leverage...
So many divisions in EB caterogy, EB 1/2/3, china/india/phil/row... they are using these categories like a caste system to turn EB immigrants against each other. As they say..it is never a problem until it happens to you... atleast now ALL categories people should come out with one voice against the EB system..
20 million illegals have a shot at legal residency and work-permit...HALF-million so called highly skilled immigrants cant make the pick?? Maybe we need to be pushed down even more before we stand up...
I would suggest everyone all half-million apply for canadian PR..even though their system gets flooded..this would send a message..
Even if Canadian PR takes 3yrs (currently 6-18mos)...much better than waiting 10 or more years constantly being abused by RFEs, biometrics, immunizations like animals..
Those of us who are entrepreneurs think seriously about taking the business offshore...
leverage people...gotta have some leverage...
2011 World Cup 2010
Openarms
07-28 01:46 PM
Where are the Attorney's responses on this thread??
more...
walking_dude
12-14 05:19 PM
The difference between your idea and mine is your thinking is still stuck in the 16th century. He is Indian, he is Chinese, he is Mexican etc, while I see everyone as human beings. There lies the difference.
EB Immigration is just 12% of all immigrants. How can it affect diversity of the country? With all the country quotas in place, US is becoming hispanisized with Hispanics slated to become 25% of the population ! So much for the much touted 'diversity' !
--What you said sounds very interesting. But it got me thinking, what if the merit is equally distributed by the country of origin and there is a limit to the opportunities this country can provide?
Let us say there are 140,000 EB visas given every year. Based on pure merit and sans any regard to nationality. Don't you think it could potentially lead to more visas being consumed by one country?
What if this country wants to ensure diversity to its social fabric?? How do they go about doing that? I always see EB1 as "current" for oversubscribed countries as well. In my opinion, EB3 "skilled category" and "other worker" is purely asking for OPPORTUNITY rather compete based on its merit.
EB Immigration is just 12% of all immigrants. How can it affect diversity of the country? With all the country quotas in place, US is becoming hispanisized with Hispanics slated to become 25% of the population ! So much for the much touted 'diversity' !
--What you said sounds very interesting. But it got me thinking, what if the merit is equally distributed by the country of origin and there is a limit to the opportunities this country can provide?
Let us say there are 140,000 EB visas given every year. Based on pure merit and sans any regard to nationality. Don't you think it could potentially lead to more visas being consumed by one country?
What if this country wants to ensure diversity to its social fabric?? How do they go about doing that? I always see EB1 as "current" for oversubscribed countries as well. In my opinion, EB3 "skilled category" and "other worker" is purely asking for OPPORTUNITY rather compete based on its merit.
ryan
08-17 01:56 PM
Why do you think he is talentless? Just because he is not an ivy league or not a doctor? He is extremely talented. .
Due respect Chanduv23 - I believe there are a million and more who've done better and fought tougher battles. I'd think some of them are here on this very forum. I may not have had an opportunity to grow up in India - however, I'm pretty sure - in fact quite certain, the sort of b'wood trash dished out, is nothing representative of Indian culture and ways of life. Most of the stuff encourages ills of American pop culture and feels desperate to the point of being foolish wannabees - and you know what's really sad -- that people from a nation with such incredibly history & culture need the feel to ape ills of American pop culture and the likes. As for Shahrook Khan - the man CAN'T act - unless you think some sort of speech disability, lip-synching songs (sung by folks with actual talent) and running around foolish women in skirts is talent and form art?! I wish the admins would remove the silly post from the forum.
Due respect Chanduv23 - I believe there are a million and more who've done better and fought tougher battles. I'd think some of them are here on this very forum. I may not have had an opportunity to grow up in India - however, I'm pretty sure - in fact quite certain, the sort of b'wood trash dished out, is nothing representative of Indian culture and ways of life. Most of the stuff encourages ills of American pop culture and feels desperate to the point of being foolish wannabees - and you know what's really sad -- that people from a nation with such incredibly history & culture need the feel to ape ills of American pop culture and the likes. As for Shahrook Khan - the man CAN'T act - unless you think some sort of speech disability, lip-synching songs (sung by folks with actual talent) and running around foolish women in skirts is talent and form art?! I wish the admins would remove the silly post from the forum.
more...
NKR
02-12 01:04 PM
Hi,
In the past any leftover numbers from undersubscribed countries were being given to the oversubscribed countries in the final quarter of the year (Jul-Sept), That's how so many of indians and chinese got their GCs over last 4-5 years.
My question is, is that still the policy of the USCIS? Will USCIS use the leftover numbers from ROW for India/China.
The possibiliy of having quite a few of leftover numbers is high as ROW is current for EB2. That might bail out, to some extent, EB2 India.
You of course have to count the effect of new memorandum about FBI Name check into this mix.
Thanks,
Viren
No left overs from ROW to POW (this is what I am feeling right now with EB2 being unavailable)..
In the past any leftover numbers from undersubscribed countries were being given to the oversubscribed countries in the final quarter of the year (Jul-Sept), That's how so many of indians and chinese got their GCs over last 4-5 years.
My question is, is that still the policy of the USCIS? Will USCIS use the leftover numbers from ROW for India/China.
The possibiliy of having quite a few of leftover numbers is high as ROW is current for EB2. That might bail out, to some extent, EB2 India.
You of course have to count the effect of new memorandum about FBI Name check into this mix.
Thanks,
Viren
No left overs from ROW to POW (this is what I am feeling right now with EB2 being unavailable)..
2010 A dedicated World Cup game has
gc_lover
06-27 03:43 PM
I am sorry to say that all EB-3 and EB-2 dates have gone back to 2001. Please check DOS site.
*******You want rumor.....I will give you rumor ************
We want rumor not heartattack. ;)
*******You want rumor.....I will give you rumor ************
We want rumor not heartattack. ;)
more...
rahulpaper
06-28 05:20 PM
the cycle for visa exhaustion has to happen before USCIS triggers action....its just not how many applications showed up on their door...and one(including me) should not feel toooo bad if we are not able to submit application becasue the visa numbers were exhausted. More painful will be if it is only based on applications received and mine went in a little later than others. lot of hard works has gone into prepraing this application. I would hire my attorney to put a suit against himself...
As i understand it...number of applications received by USCIS on july 2nd does not in any way affect the acceptance of application on july 22nd......do you see it as i see it
Its all theory ...Do you have any explanation why they rejected for the " Other workers" in june period
As i understand it...number of applications received by USCIS on july 2nd does not in any way affect the acceptance of application on july 22nd......do you see it as i see it
Its all theory ...Do you have any explanation why they rejected for the " Other workers" in june period
hair 2010 world cup
alisa
01-28 11:22 AM
Is this the reason the PDs don't move forward?
How many pre-approved labors are there?
I mean, if they got hundreds of thousands of pre-approved labors, the PDs will not more for a long long time......
Such companies sell pre-approved labor certificates for several thousand dollars (I have heard 20K) and use it as a means to lure employees. Their LCs have very early priority dates and H1Bs are tempted to apply for such jobs. By mentioning LCs in their ads, they are also calling H1Bs to apply rather than being an equal opportunity employer for all people (including US citizens). All this gives a bad name for H1Bs and the greencard process. Anti immigrants use it against us in their campaign.
How many pre-approved labors are there?
I mean, if they got hundreds of thousands of pre-approved labors, the PDs will not more for a long long time......
Such companies sell pre-approved labor certificates for several thousand dollars (I have heard 20K) and use it as a means to lure employees. Their LCs have very early priority dates and H1Bs are tempted to apply for such jobs. By mentioning LCs in their ads, they are also calling H1Bs to apply rather than being an equal opportunity employer for all people (including US citizens). All this gives a bad name for H1Bs and the greencard process. Anti immigrants use it against us in their campaign.
more...
akred
06-27 11:58 PM
That depends what the adjudicator think of her, some believe she was a saint and some think that she was, well, "(boolean) NOT saint" (i.e. anything but saint)... ;)
maybe she can hit the darned adjudicator in the head with the "holy grail" and sign the form herself... :D
At that point she can be deported for fraud. Of course USCIS will only wake up and deport her for fraud when the application for citizenship is filed 20 years later.
maybe she can hit the darned adjudicator in the head with the "holy grail" and sign the form herself... :D
At that point she can be deported for fraud. Of course USCIS will only wake up and deport her for fraud when the application for citizenship is filed 20 years later.
hot ESPN Teases 2010 World Cup
Legal
07-21 10:32 PM
vdlrao, Thanks for the great analysis.
I am using DOS visa statistics and I arrived at EB quota numbers for 2008 as 162,707. There were 22,707 unused FB visa's in 2007 based on the DOS visa statistics @ http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/statistics/statistics_1476.html
Typically the actual EB quota for the FY is revised in the September bulletin. I am not sure if DOS has already taken into account the new EB quota number for the Aug bulletin. If they hadn't taken into account the new quota number then we should see some forward movement in the Sep bulletin.
However the 28,795 AC-21 recaptured visa's U are talking about has already been used in 2002, please take a look at the below mentioned link for details regarding the usage of those visa's.
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY2003%20AppD.pdf
All the AC-21 recaptured visa's has been used by now.
It does look like all the AC21 numbers have been used up. Even if you don't take this into account, there are 40,000 + visa numbers available for use before Sep 30th.
Since we have been conditioned to receive only bad news for the past 3 years, we find it hard to believe. If this happens, EB-2 will get a good kickstart and with spillovers happening each quarter the dates should keep moving which vdlrao has been saying all along.
I also suspect among the 3 Llofgren bills, even if only the per-country quota elimination bill could be enacted, enough numbers may reach some long suffering EB3 India members.
I am using DOS visa statistics and I arrived at EB quota numbers for 2008 as 162,707. There were 22,707 unused FB visa's in 2007 based on the DOS visa statistics @ http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/statistics/statistics_1476.html
Typically the actual EB quota for the FY is revised in the September bulletin. I am not sure if DOS has already taken into account the new EB quota number for the Aug bulletin. If they hadn't taken into account the new quota number then we should see some forward movement in the Sep bulletin.
However the 28,795 AC-21 recaptured visa's U are talking about has already been used in 2002, please take a look at the below mentioned link for details regarding the usage of those visa's.
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/FY2003%20AppD.pdf
All the AC-21 recaptured visa's has been used by now.
It does look like all the AC21 numbers have been used up. Even if you don't take this into account, there are 40,000 + visa numbers available for use before Sep 30th.
Since we have been conditioned to receive only bad news for the past 3 years, we find it hard to believe. If this happens, EB-2 will get a good kickstart and with spillovers happening each quarter the dates should keep moving which vdlrao has been saying all along.
I also suspect among the 3 Llofgren bills, even if only the per-country quota elimination bill could be enacted, enough numbers may reach some long suffering EB3 India members.
more...
house on the 2010 World Cup
immi_seeker
09-15 02:39 PM
Here are my Estimate of pending EB2 India case for give years
<=2004 2000
2005 10000
2006 13000
2007(july) 5000
==============
Total 30000
==============
This number is very close to Ron Gocthers number prediction a few months back (minus sept approvals).
Collaboration on visa quota data/analysis - Page 6 - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/8419-collaboration-on-visa-quota-data-analysis-6.html)
Pending as of 15 July 2009 145000
EB2 50000
EB3 94000
EB2India (2.4/3.5 EB2) 35714
We can use the LCA number and come close these numbers as well
2005
EB2 India LCA for 2005 = RIR (3000) + PERM (60% of 7290) ~ 7400
Assuming 20% abandon applicant we get = 5900
1.2 dependent per applicant give ~ 13000 I-485 applicantions
Assuming 10% approved in 2008 and 10% rejected/abandon I-485 and 5% cross-charageability we get => pending 10000 pending I-485 application for 2005
2006
India PERM applications = 18000
EB2 India PERM applications (60%) = 10800
Assuming 20% abandon applicant we get = 8640
1.2 dependent per applicant give ~ 19000 I-485 applicantions
Assuming 10% approved in 2008 and 10% rejected/abandon I-485 and 10% cross-charageability we get => pending 13000 pending I-485 application for 2006
So if we see spillover of more than 30K the date will move beyond July 2007.
Considering the slow economy that spill over is reasonable.
<=2004 2000
2005 10000
2006 13000
2007(july) 5000
==============
Total 30000
==============
This number is very close to Ron Gocthers number prediction a few months back (minus sept approvals).
Collaboration on visa quota data/analysis - Page 6 - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/8419-collaboration-on-visa-quota-data-analysis-6.html)
Pending as of 15 July 2009 145000
EB2 50000
EB3 94000
EB2India (2.4/3.5 EB2) 35714
We can use the LCA number and come close these numbers as well
2005
EB2 India LCA for 2005 = RIR (3000) + PERM (60% of 7290) ~ 7400
Assuming 20% abandon applicant we get = 5900
1.2 dependent per applicant give ~ 13000 I-485 applicantions
Assuming 10% approved in 2008 and 10% rejected/abandon I-485 and 5% cross-charageability we get => pending 10000 pending I-485 application for 2005
2006
India PERM applications = 18000
EB2 India PERM applications (60%) = 10800
Assuming 20% abandon applicant we get = 8640
1.2 dependent per applicant give ~ 19000 I-485 applicantions
Assuming 10% approved in 2008 and 10% rejected/abandon I-485 and 10% cross-charageability we get => pending 13000 pending I-485 application for 2006
So if we see spillover of more than 30K the date will move beyond July 2007.
Considering the slow economy that spill over is reasonable.
tattoo The World Cup Card Game 2010
samay
08-25 03:01 PM
Hello Sir/Madam,
Recently I have E-Filed for EAD renew and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But I have recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you can suggest me.
Regards
Vijay
p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.
Its enough that you have responded the RFe and sent the photos.
Recently I have E-Filed for EAD renew and have sent all the supporting documents the following day. But I have recieved an RFE for the photos I haven't sent along with the documents and asked me submit 2 color passport photos. It was my understading that I don't have to send the photos while E-filing since they will be taken at the bio-metric appt. I am done with my bio-metric appt. Do i need to contact USCIS about this or is there any thing you can suggest me.
Regards
Vijay
p.s I have already responded to the RFE with 2 color photos.
Its enough that you have responded the RFe and sent the photos.
more...
pictures quot;the 2010 World Cup Series
pappu
06-26 01:34 PM
Yeah well. I also heard the rumour that in the next month july bulletin USCIS is going to move the dates forward from Current to Current+2 months = September 2007. This will allow everyone to get greencards in advance and then after they get their greencards they can apply for Labor, I140 and whatever.... :)
Please stop spreading rumours.
Please stop spreading rumours.
dresses 2010 World Cup qualifying
justAnotherFile
07-12 10:15 PM
byeUSA,
can you send your story to pratik, as requested on homepage. I think yours is a compelling story and will help others in IV even if you have already made your decision
can you send your story to pratik, as requested on homepage. I think yours is a compelling story and will help others in IV even if you have already made your decision
more...
makeup ESPN 2010 FIFA World Cup by
gc28262
01-19 11:18 AM
deleted distasteful contents ..........................
victimOfGc seems to be an expert in the other business !
victimOfGc seems to be an expert in the other business !
girlfriend New Official Adidas 2010 World
conchshell
07-26 05:08 PM
In the past 4+ years, the annual H1 queue is just 65K. So the input into the EB queue must have moderated quite a bit.
Another piece of information, supporting your argument. This is posted on immigration-law.com today:
The DOL has yet to release its 3rd Quarter Performance report ending at the end of June 2008, but the second quarter report indicates that the foreign labor certification applications continuously dropped from the same period in FY 2007 including permanent as well as temporary labor certification applications. PERM applications dropped 46% from the statistics of the second quarter of FY 2007. The report indicates that despite increased audits (over 45%) and related work, the processing times remain steady. Obviously, it must have been affected more by decreased number of new applications than any drastic improvement in processing times in each application. In fact, from the perspectives of each PERM application, the processing times have witnessed a substantial delay over the last one year. The delay which was associated with the massive audit and related activities could have been offset by the substantial drop in the PERM applications in the overall statistical figure in the report. The DOL report did not report the details of the causes for continuing decrease in PERM applications, but this should be taken as an alert to the U.S. businesses as an indication of reduced incentives for the needed foreign workers to remain in the U.S. and potential reduced availability of the talented foreign workers to support the U.S. businesses' competition in the world. Considering the fact that the supply and demand of resources at the international level are not something which can be rebalanced over a night or a short period of time, the political leaders should start paying attention to the urgency of the reform in the employment-based immigration system before it gets too late.
Another piece of information, supporting your argument. This is posted on immigration-law.com today:
The DOL has yet to release its 3rd Quarter Performance report ending at the end of June 2008, but the second quarter report indicates that the foreign labor certification applications continuously dropped from the same period in FY 2007 including permanent as well as temporary labor certification applications. PERM applications dropped 46% from the statistics of the second quarter of FY 2007. The report indicates that despite increased audits (over 45%) and related work, the processing times remain steady. Obviously, it must have been affected more by decreased number of new applications than any drastic improvement in processing times in each application. In fact, from the perspectives of each PERM application, the processing times have witnessed a substantial delay over the last one year. The delay which was associated with the massive audit and related activities could have been offset by the substantial drop in the PERM applications in the overall statistical figure in the report. The DOL report did not report the details of the causes for continuing decrease in PERM applications, but this should be taken as an alert to the U.S. businesses as an indication of reduced incentives for the needed foreign workers to remain in the U.S. and potential reduced availability of the talented foreign workers to support the U.S. businesses' competition in the world. Considering the fact that the supply and demand of resources at the international level are not something which can be rebalanced over a night or a short period of time, the political leaders should start paying attention to the urgency of the reform in the employment-based immigration system before it gets too late.
hairstyles Mexico at the World Cup 2010
chintu25
02-13 11:20 AM
Count me in for this law suite action and commit to pay $500 as part of my contribution, please IM me the details and will provide all the details that IV team needs from me...
Arvind
Way to go Arvind..... Chandu pls note 2 contributors without even a campaign launch.
But on the flip side I totally agree with Walkingdude that once IV files a case then it is the end of discussion and everything else. So again consult a good lawyer actually a very good lawyer.....and then decide to proceed.
We will stand with whatever our IV core decides but lets give it a serious thought
Arvind
Way to go Arvind..... Chandu pls note 2 contributors without even a campaign launch.
But on the flip side I totally agree with Walkingdude that once IV files a case then it is the end of discussion and everything else. So again consult a good lawyer actually a very good lawyer.....and then decide to proceed.
We will stand with whatever our IV core decides but lets give it a serious thought
kumarc123
07-23 01:38 PM
According to my analysis based on recipted/pending I-485 they processed some 80-90K (estimated range) EB I-485 applications which 57/65% of 140k by April 2008.
May month usage was very low, i feel June/July not to bump too much so another 20k cases. We should still have FB rollover from 07 (31K) + another 10k visa in the pool for Aug/Sept visa.
I agree, I read all the posts and went through some figures myself, the indication is that dates for EB2 will move much faster that we had all anticipated in the past. I do somewhere agree with my friend vldrao that dates could retrogress for a small period of time (say 1 month), but eventually dates will become current soon.
Thanks:)
May month usage was very low, i feel June/July not to bump too much so another 20k cases. We should still have FB rollover from 07 (31K) + another 10k visa in the pool for Aug/Sept visa.
I agree, I read all the posts and went through some figures myself, the indication is that dates for EB2 will move much faster that we had all anticipated in the past. I do somewhere agree with my friend vldrao that dates could retrogress for a small period of time (say 1 month), but eventually dates will become current soon.
Thanks:)
ItIsNotFunny
06-15 09:33 AM
To be honest, I do agree that the US needs qualified people with skillsets. The real question is "Are the people from the desi consulting companies the real qualified lot ? " Just to get my background details out of the way. I am a new member, from India ofcourse, and I have recently applied for my citizenship. Now with this huge deluge of immigrants, especially from the desi consulting companies, I feel that my quality of life is getting adversely impacted. Do not rush to conclusions that I am anti Indian or anti immigrant. 12 years back when I first got my H1 visa, the requirements to qualify were strict. Staffing companies to a decent extent followed rules and tried to get the best and the brightest. Once the dot com boom started, people from all walks of life entered IT. This was true of not just the Indians but also of people in the US. Soon after the bust, the value proposition from these staffing companies was simply low cost. This is not to blame the staffing companies. They behaved in an economically rational way.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
Just because you got lucky and got your GC sooner doesn't mean others are idiot.
Consider this scenario. If you run a consulting company, wouldn't you try to maximize your profits by staffing people in projects at the least cost ? This is econmically rational. You wouldn't worry much about the quality of the deliverables and all you would care is to dump as many bodies as possible at the client site or offshore and get the maximum bang for the buck.
In this scenario, how is it feasible to expect immigrational justice when the bodies themselves dont provide exceptional talent and skills but simply offer low cost ? Now you would be tempted to bring in the analogous case of illegal low skilled immigrants. Remember they are just that - low skilled workers. They dont "steal" the jobs of high skilled workers. But this dumping of IT workforce has completely brought down the standard of living of the IT workers here. To be honest, those who get green cards today would feel the same way five years from now when the next wave of so called "skilled IT immigrants" offer even lower wages and destroy the quality of life.
In summary, this retrogression is good in a way. The truly best and the brightest would still be employed until their turn for adjournment comes in. Only the weak are currently scared of the delays. I went through the same torrid GC phase after the tech meltdown in 2001. I was not worried of my job then but many people whom I knew got clobbered and were forced to leave. This is the darwinian flush and it will take its toll. Trust me this the bitter truth. If you people still consider that all the people on H1/L1 are part of the best and the brightest, they are WRONG. Only a small % (probably 20%) are the true best and the brightest and a good 50% will be flushed out. Sorry to say this and hey give me the red dots.
Just because you got lucky and got your GC sooner doesn't mean others are idiot.



0 comments:
Post a Comment