STAYCATIONS AT DUNE POINT FIRE ISLAND

****
DUNE POINT FIRE ISLAND

THE STAYCATION YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER!
****




Dune Point Fire Island



Petra Brehl With James Edstrom And John Brand



Everyone knows that I have been doing Staycations for many years, way before the rest of the world discovered that you do not need to go far from home to get a relaxing vacation. And my secret Staycation Location is Dune Point in Cherry Grove Fire Island, right off Long Island New York.


Once again I packed up my kid, my computers and everything else and headed out of the city to my favorite hideaway Cherry Grove. This trip, I am very proud of the planning I did before hand to make sure I had everything I needed on this secluded Island fantasy land. I had crates of food, beer and Ice Cream waiting for me at the ferry dock to take the ride across the Great South Bay. And as the ferry pulled up to the docks in Cherry Grove, Dune Points own Petra Brehl was waiting there with a cart to help us bring it all to our luxury apartment right on the ocean. As we walked off the boat and saw the smiling and loving face of Petra, I knew we were home. Home at Dune Point Fire Island.


Gazebo On The Ocean



As we loaded our apartment with our food, Petra and her staff were running around making sure every one staying at Dune Point had what they needed. Nothing is overlooked. Every apartment has everything. Plates, glasses, pots and pans. Every comfort of home is here, but this place has what no other vacation spot has. Love.


The Love Of Cherry Grove Petra Brehl



Petra Brehl and her partner Rick love their customers. They understand that you are there to relax and sometimes let loose. Petra will look you in the eye and tell you to breathe the sea air, look at the beauty of Cherry Grove and relax, just relax. And that is what we did.



My Son John Brand Relaxes At Dune Point



Almost everyday we barbecued right outside our door, almost every apartment has one. We met the nicest guys who were staying next door, Bill and Alan who we did just about everything with. This is one of the secrets of Petra and Rick's Dune Point, love and friendship between all the guests. I think in some way, Petra seems to know which guests will have fun together and she takes the time to get everyone on the same page.



Oh Deer!



Mornings on the deck at Dune Point are met with the deer coming right up to you to say hello. I am always amazed how friendly they are. This one deer I think had a morning schedule. Everyday at the same time, he would march up to our door expecting some food, and after he picked up his morning meal he would head down the boardwalk to another house who also had treats for him. This was one smart deer!


Afternoons were spent sitting in Dune Points gazebo or walking on the beach or making lunch on the barbecue. Nighttime was fantasy time in Cherry Grove.



Sunsets In Cherry Grove



Pure magic, that's all I can say about watching the sunset in Cherry Grove and the number one island hangout Cherry's On The Bay. Cherry's owners Jacquie and Donna bring back the fun times we used to have in the 80's and 90's. Great food and late night excitement. World Famed Johny Pool is behind the bar. They have the top shows and the top DJ in New York, Susan Levine spinning the hits. Susan even had the deers dancing!



Cherry's On The Bay



Staycations. I've been doing them for years and I do them at my Staycation home Dune Point. If you would like to experience the love of Petra and Dune Point, visit their website. If this looks like the Staycation for you, when checking out, type in the word 'gossip' for a extra ten percent off for Times Square Gossip readers. You can also call Petra at 1-631-597-6261 to book a reservation. Tell her your a Times Square Gossip reader and get your 10% off your Staycation. Show your Dune Point Key and get 20% off at Cherry's On The Bay restaurant, where anyone whos anyone dines. And let us know how it went, leave us your comments here.


Photos By: James Edstrom

Related Posts by Categories


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews